Find The Right Partner & Build A Meaningful Relationship
Counseling can help:
- Help get you ready to be in a relationship.
- Understand and develop the best ways for you to meet and get to know potentially good partners. (Coaching by me).
- Understand what you are looking for in a relationship.
- Identify potential partners who will work out well for you. i.e. “fit you.”
- Identify potential partners who are ready for a commitment if that is what you are looking for.
- Identify red flag issues in relationships sooner thus avoiding
relationships which will not work out for you.
In choosing a partner you should be able to say yes to almost all of the statements below:
- She or he wants a commitment with me.
- She or he has been stable emotionally for at least six months.
- She or he is available and has the time to make our relationship healthy.
- She or he is willing to talk through a disagreement.
- She or he can put relationship needs ahead of personal needs when necessary.
- I feel cared for and comfortable with my partner.
- My partner has been sexually and emotionally monogamous for the past six months.
- My partner and I are most often in agreement in how to spend time and money.
The next step: relationship maintenance counseling can help you:
- Understand how you relate to other people.
- Identify issues which may be interfere with your ability to develop closeness.
- Build your self-esteem so that you are more willing to take emotional risks.
- Resolve conflict without hurting the relationship.
- Learn how to maintain a successful relationship.
Relationship Search Action Plan
An exercise to help you build an action plan for finding friends and dating partners.
Dating Tips for Shy People
Practical tips that you can follow to reduce anxiety when dating.
Contact Dr. Wesson For An Appointment
Dr. Wesson sees clients in a relaxed, comfortable, private setting in Mountain View and Palo Alto. To have a consultation or to make an appointment, call or text Dr. Wesson at (650) 965-7332 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.