- Codependency is a way of life and a journey-it is a shift in focus to your own inner self and away from focusing on others.
- Codependency is about obsessing about what would please others and becomes a lifestyle.
- Codependency was often developed very early in life as a way to survive abuse, neglect, or the effects of growing up with alcoholic or addicted parents. (Beatte)
- Breaking out of the codependency lifestyle means learning to live a very different more self-focused life. The path is slow but very fulfilling.
- Living a fuller life means little by little observing yourself and your own needs and wants and then making choices which do not involve pleasing others but please you in the best possible fun and joyful way.
[…] https://wespsych.com/live-a-fuller-lifebreaking-out-of-the-codependency-lifestyle/ […]