In general, counseling can help you save time, energy, and difficulty when looking for a relationship. Counseling can help you:
- Find ways to meet potentially good partners.
- Understand what you are looking for in a relationship.
- Identify potential partners who will work out well for you. i.e. “fit you.”
- Identify potential partners who are ready for a commitment if that is what you are looking for.
- Identify red flag issues in relationships sooner thus avoiding
relationships which will not work out for you.
The next step: relationship maintenance. Counseling can help you:
- Understand how you relate to other people.
- Identify issues which may be interfering with your ability to develop
- Build your self-esteem so that you are more willing to take emotional
- Resolve conflict without hurting the relationship.
- Learn how to maintain a successful relationship.