Back to Home
Psychotherapy Group • Home
What is addiction ?
It is when you continue a behavior past the point where it is healthy for you and you can't stop it like overeating or overdrinking.
Signs of Internet Addiction
Here are some signs that you may have a problem with internet Addiction:
- Online more than 5 hours a day without being able to control it.
- Avoiding important life activities like seeing friends, exercising, even working so you can be online instead.
- Finding yourself apologizing for not being available because of your online use.
- Lying about amount of time spent on the internet.
- You keep telling yourself you will spend less time online but you can't do this.
Simple test: Set a timer for the amount of time you want to be online - stop when the alarm goes off. If you can stop after doing this exercise 5 times, that is a good sign you are not addicted (provided you did not answer yes to one or more of the questions above).
There is help availabile for internet addiction - help to give you the power to leave your addiction behind and develop a life which involves more fun and less shame. You can have a new freedom to enjoy your work and play more, and grow as a person.
In the counseling work I do, I help people build a life and learn ways to overcome social anxiety or other issues which may be in the way.
For an appointment for counseling for relationship issues, social anxiety,
self-esteem issues, codependency, or other psychological concerns call or text:
Dr. Nancy Wesson at (650) 965-7332 • E-mail Dr.
Professional background & approach to counseling
of Nancy Wesson, Ph.D.